Terms & Definitions
- Monitored Vehicle Gateway:
- System registration, automatic inventory system
- Information sharing, onboard protocol
- System surveillance of all onboard connected devices
- IP connectivity, to all connected devices / applications
- Power control, of connected devices and the vehicle gateway itself
- Device: In-vehicle device, often part of a system with back-office capabilities. A device can have several applications installed, it can provide one or more virtual devices.
- Resources: Information sources, capabilites etc. that can be shared with other devices or be internal within the device. Sometimes called services (within EBSF)
- System: A complete system with on and off-board capabilitites. For example cctv, ticketing, AVMS etc.
- Application: One or several applications that use different resources in a system. A device can have several applications. Examples of applications are CCTV, Ecodriving, AVMS, ticketing etc.
- Back-office: The back-office part of a system.
- Public Transport Operator (PTO): Company responsible of the exploitation of several vehicles and infrastructure for a PTA.
- Public Transport Authority (PTA): Company responsible for a public transport network.
- Service: Device functionality shared on IP networks with some
- WAN link: A connection link between two or more LAN network
segments, typically using leased lines or VPN over