We are always looking for people who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team.
CTO - Head of Development & Operations
Pilotfish continues to grow and is now looking for our next colleague who wants to join us on the journey of connected vehicles.
We are the innovative pioneer’s in the world of connected vehicles, with over 15 years’ experience, we are the hub in the vehicle and connect most things in a bus and send it up in the cloud, or to the driver to save fuel, increase comfort, lower the maintenance and in general save the environment.
We are now looking for our future Chief Technology Officer (CTO), who manages our customer focused product development and lead our development and operations team. A team of 15-20 people handling both hardware and software development as well as support to our customers and supply chain. The CTO is part of the management team that works out Pilotfish’s strategic direction and is part of management decisions. The CTO combines development know-how with expertise in executing projects and running operations ideally with a foundation in the public transport sector.
- Manage development, support and operations staff
- Drive change and efficiency.
- Overall technology and architectural vision
- Be part of management team and the management decision making process
- Support technical sales and product management with technical know-how
- Organize development according to agile development and provide relevant KPIs to the management group
- Organize and run support and operations in sync with development teams
- Be a key person for prioritization of requirements and support of Product Owners (POs) for operationalizing business prioritizations
- Manage recruitment of developers, operations staff and support staff according to approved company plan
- Develop staff in competence and capabilities
- Control key elements of development, support and operations: Cost, scope, time-line, quality and customer satisfaction
Competence and skills
- Experience in leading IT development and/or operations and support teams, ideally in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Experience and know-how in modern and agile development and operations processes such as Scrum, KANBAN and DevOps
- Combining business acumen with in-depth tech expertise ideally in the area of modern cloud based IoT stacks as well as on-board/embedded systems
- Experience from managing legacy systems at the same time as driving new product development.
- Experience in operations and/or direct support of customer projects beyond pure traditional software development, i.e. customer contact and experience, offering services within IOT
- Track record of getting things done and strong can-do-attitude.
- Experience with international teams and organisational setups
- University degree
- Fluent in English and additional skills in German is an advantage
- Ideally know-how of on-board systems in public transport operations as well backend ITS systems for public transport such as buses, coaches, trains trams or ferries
- Ideally knowledge of public transport operations including planning and dispatching and service and maintenance
- Ideally been done programming earlier in the career
- Knowledge of public tender processes especially in public transport is highly appreciated
Welcome with your application to email@example.com. Last application date is 10th of January 2021
Who is Pilotfish?
Pilotfish is an innovative, environmentally conscious and rapidly growing Swedish company with a focus on improving public transport operations. The company is leading the industry’s transition from proprietary provider-locked systems to an ecosystem where standardised interfaces and modular system providers are the norm. Pilotfish provides an open, cloud-based platform for vehicle communication and fleet management applications. The technology is based on standards and IT architecture from the organisation ITxPT (Information Technology for Public Transport), and integrates both standard and older non-standard systems. The company has applications on board more than 10,000 buses, trains and trams, with some of Europe’s largest bus operators as customers. Pilotfish’s vision is to improve public transport so that it becomes the obvious choice for travellers.